Sunday, January 20, 2013

And baby makes 4!

I am so very pleased and excited to announce, I am pregnant! That's right, we will be welcoming a new addition to our family in July! We decided not to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We did this with Sophia as well and when she was born hearing Ricky say "Its a boy!" cricket cricket. Mom saying, "look again!" lots of laughing and Ricky finally saying "It's a GIRL!" is a moment that I will treasure forever! I cant wait to experience that again! I also do not care to know if this baby is a boy or a girl because I quite honestly do not like the unrealistic expectations that it comes with. Many people assume that if you already have a girl then surely we want a boy this time around. I would love to have a little boy, I think little boys are so much fun; however, I would also love a little sister for Sophia. I always wanted a sister growing up. I think there is a special bond between sisters and id love for Sophia to experience that. My point is a healthy baby is my priority not the sex of my baby. I will feel equally as blessed having another girl as I would be having a boy. So, for now the big "Is it a boy or a girl?" question will remain a mystery.

The baby is due July 18, 2013. Sophia will be almost a year and a half old. There are plenty of people that think we are crazy to want two children so close in age. Yes, it will most likely be difficult, overwhelming, exhausting at times but it will also be wonderful. I havent met one single person that regrets the children they have, only the children they never had. I think giving Sophia the precious gift of being a sister is something that she will cherish as she grows older.

I have been very lucky in this pregnancy so far. Much like my pregnancy with Sophia, I havent experienced any morning sickness. I have of course been tired but I think a lot of that has to do with constantly chasing Sophia around. She is always on the move! Hopefully things continue to go smoothly! We decided to wait until after my 12 week appointment to share the news with our family and friends. We wanted to make sure everything looked good with the baby. We decided on making a video! We shared this movie with our family first and once they all saw it we shared it with our friends. Many of you have already seen this video, for those of you that have not I hope you enjoy it!

Rodriguez Family Update

No comments:

Post a Comment