Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Birthdays!

Ricky and I both have birthdays in November (5 days apart). We had wonderful birthdays that were spent relaxing and spoiling each other. For Ricky's birthday I made a steak dinner with baked potatoes and broccoli with cheese and of course a birthday cake. This year Ricky decided he wanted a Redskins birthday cake. I made a vanilla cake with butter cream icing. Then I rolled out some white fondant and painted the Redskins emblem on it with edible food coloring. It was the first time I have attempted to paint a cake. I think it turned out really good! Sadly Ricky has the pictures so I cant post a picture of it right now :(
For my birthday Ricky made me one of my favorite meals, Red beans, rice, and smoked sausage. Because he had to work and cakes are my thing I made my own birthday cake. I decided I wanted a zebra print cake. So I made a white cake with vanilla butter cream icing. Then I rolled out white fondant and put it on the cake. Then I made some black fondant and added the zebra stripes. When Ricky got home from work he helped me by making pink pears and adding them around the base of the cake and then he piped "Happy Birthday Brittany" on my cake in pretty pink icing. All in all we had pretty good birthdays.




No comments:

Post a Comment